1899(2022-till date)


 This show was released on the 17th of November 2022, this sci-fi mystery show is about different immigrants from different countries traveling from Europe to America in a ship called Kerberos, but come across another ship called the prometheus, and then different mysteries start to unravel. Now my thoughts about this show is that number one it's a slow burn, what do I mean by a slow burn? before I started to enjoy the story line it was until episode 5, if you are someone that does not have patience don't watch 1899, because you might get bored from episode 1 to 4, but if you have patience then from episode 5 you will start to enjoy it. The show is basically nice not exceptional but just nice. Sci-fi shows have to be done well if not they could make the viewers bored and confused but luckily 1899 isn't like that, once you can be patient you'll enjoy the show as I said. The main thing I like about the show is the blending of different races and languages and how they were able to work together under tough circumstances. Rotten Tomatoes ๐Ÿ… gave it 79% I'll give it 60%.

The characters in this show were okay ๐Ÿ‘Œ, all in all no bad performance I shall talk about a few, for instance Maura who is played by Emily Beecham acted very well for those that have watched into the badlands she played black widow, another thing I didn't really like was Angel who is played by Miguel Bernardeau being gay, he played Guzman in Elite ,so it was kinda awkward seeing him playing a gay character. All in all the show is basically nice as I said. As we await the Season 2 , at the time of this writing there is no confirmation that there will be a season 2 but if there is I hope Netflix and the creators Baran Bo Odar and Jantje Friese make the Season 2 more interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts